Monday, November 22, 2010

Sam Seder at Glenn Beck's Restoring Honor Rally

(Hat tip to Dispatches from the Culture Wars)

At Glenn Beck's Restoring Honor Rally in Washington D.C. this summer, Sam Seder interviewed attendees about their political views. The results are jaw-dropping. (Click here if you're having trouble viewing the video.)



At the 0:21 mark, Seder talks with a woman about separation of church and state.

SEDER: What does Restoring Honor mean to you?

WOMAN IN YELLOW SHIRT: Restoring Honor? I guess it means trying to go back to live the actual Constitution. There doesn't need to be a separation of God and church. I think that a lot of our problems have to do with taking God out of the schools and separating it all.

SEDER: But from a Constitutional standpoint, isn't there supposed to be separation of church and state?

WOMAN IN YELLOW SHIRT: Well, I need to take a Constitution class, I will admit that. I have signed up for one starting in October so I can learn more. I don't admit to knowing everything about the Constitution . . .

SEDER: Let me asking you about--because you're hear, you feel like we've gotten away from the Constitution. What happens if you take that course about the Constitution and find out there's stuff in there you don't like?

WOMAN IN YELLOW SHIRT: Then, I will--I don't know what I'll do.
At the 2:06 mark, we hear a young man misunderstanding the concept of rule of the majority.

MAN IN BLACK SHIRT: . . . We have states right now like California. The judge over-passing what the people wanted as gay rights for gay marriage. People said they didn't want it. Seventy percent of them said they didn't want it. The judge goes in there -- oh, we'll pass it.

SEDER: Well, he says it's because the Constitution says equal rights for everybody.

MAN IN BLACK SHIRT: Yeah, but it also says the majority wins, and the majority of the people in that state don't want it, then they shouldn't have it. They can come to Ohio.

:: sighs ::

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are subject to moderation. Threatening, violent, or bigoted comments will not be published.