Saturday, November 6, 2010

Life Rally in Philadelphia

Logo for Life Rally. The iconic "LIFE" design from Philadelphia's Love Park with the I in rainbow. Text around the border reads End LGBTQ Suicide! Love Park Philadelphia. Soulforce Symposium. Fri 11.5.10 8:30 PM
I'm back from Philadelphia where I attended the beautiful Soulforce Symposium today, and I have much to share. I'll provide details on the symposium and the anti-NARTH protest soon.

Unfortunately, I could not attend the Life Rally in Philadelphia on Friday evening, but I want to praise those who participated. Soulforce sponsored a Life Rally in Philadelphia's Love Park on November 5th to confront intolerance in the wake of several high-profile LGBTQ youth suicides. In essence, the Life Rally was a show of solidarity with the LGBTQ community and a call to end systematic oppression based on sexual orientation and gender identity. Singer/songwriter Ray Boltz was scheduled to perform, and an open word session allowed participants to pour out their hearts on these issues.

One young woman at the rally gave a powerful spoken word performance on love, faith, and religious intolerance. (Click here if you're having trouble viewing the video.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are subject to moderation. Threatening, violent, or bigoted comments will not be published.